Permissions: You need the Self-Scheduling or Scheduling permission to use these functions.
If you need to change the co-payment amount that was made
Before You Begin
- You can only edit a co-payment from the appointment if a claim hasn't been created for it. If a claim has been created, you can instead edit the co-payment in box 29 on the claim.
- Unlike co-payments, account payments need to be edited from the billing account since they aren't linked to an appointment. Saving a new account payment amount in checkout will add an additional payment to their account.
If this was a payment processed in Fusion, you will need to Cancel the Transaction, before the co-payment is edited/removed. Be sure to check our Knowledge Base article Cancel a Processed Payment for more.
Edit a Co-Payment
There are two methods to edit a co-payment. You can edit the co-payment on the schedule or on the claim itself. Below are the steps for each.
Edit the co-payment on the schedule:
- Go to Schedule → Calendar.
- Hover over the appointment.
- Make sure the correct patient is selected in the tabs to the right of the appointment hover.
- Click the checkout icon .
- Next to the Co-Payment field, click Change.
- Type in the new co-payment amount.
- Click the Save Checkout button.
- If you want to print a receipt for the patient, click the Print Receipt button. Otherwise, click the Nope button.
Edit the co-payment on the claim:
Go to Billing → Claims → All.
Search for and click on the claim in question.
With the claim open, find and click on field 29 Amount Paid.
In the Value section, enter the correct co-payment amount, or remove the number to reflect no Co-Payment.
Once Satisfied, click the Save 29: Amount Paid Toward Claim button.