Permissions: You need the Self-Scheduling or Scheduling permission to use these functions.
If you need to change the co-payment amount that was made
Before You Begin
- You can only edit a co-payment from the appointment if a claim hasn't been created for it. If a claim has been created, you can instead edit the co-payment in box 29 on the claim.
- Unlike co-payments, account payments need to be edited from the billing account since they aren't linked to an appointment. Saving a new account payment amount in checkout will add an additional payment to their account.
Edit a Co-Payment
- Go to Schedule → Calendar.
- Hover over the appointment.
- Make sure the correct patient is selected in the tabs to the right of the appointment hover.
- Click the checkout icon .
- Next to the Co-Payment field, click Change.
- Type in the new co-payment amount.
- Click the Save Checkout button.
- If you want to print a receipt for the patient, click the Print Receipt button. Otherwise, click the Nope button.