Permissions: You need the Self-Scheduling or Scheduling permission to check out a patient.
When you check out a patient after they have completed their appointment, you have the option to document a co-payment as well as the amount the patient has paid for their appointment. In order to complete checkout, your patient must already be checked in to their appointment.
NOTE: This article is for clinics that are NOT enrolled in payment processing with Fusion. If your clinic is enrolled in payment processing, please see Check Out a Patient & Process Payment to learn how to process or record your client payments.
Check Out a Patient
- Click the Schedule tab at the top of the screen.
- Click Calendar in the menu on the left.
- Hover over the Appointment.
- Check the Name and confirm the correct patient is selected. (Multiple patients may be scheduled for the same appointment. To select a different patient to check out, click the Patient Initial tabs on the right).
- Click the Checkout icon .
- Enter the Co-Payment Amount that is paid by the patient.
NOTE: Co-payments are attached to claims and are not applied to a billing account until the claim is finalized. If a co-payment is entered, the checkout icon will turn green.
- Enter the Account Payment that is paid by the patient.
NOTE: Account payments are applied directly to a billing account and are not linked to a specific appointment.
- Select a Method of payment in the Method drop-down.
- Enter a Reference number (such as a check number).
- Click the Save Checkout button.
- Select the Print Receipt and/or Email Receipt Checkboxes, then press the Process Receipt button. Or, click the Nope button to complete the checkout without printing or emailing a reciept.