Permissions: You need the Self-Scheduling or Scheduling permission to manage appointments, but the Docs or Billing permission will let you view appointments.
Go to Schedule → Calendar to view and schedule appointments for patients or other meetings.
In This Article
Working with Appointments
Hover over an appointment to view more details about it.
Use the tabs to the right to view different kinds of information:
- For a non-teletherapy appointment, the details tab shows general information about the appointment, such as the type of visit.
- For a teletherapy appointment, the teletherapy tab has a link for scheduled users to join the teletherapy session. This link will be active 10 minutes prior to the start time of the appointment.
- The patient tabs show detail about each patient scheduled for this appointment. A red line to the right of the tab indicates the patient has an alert.
- The users tab shows the users this appointment is scheduled for.
- The series tab shows information about the appointment's series, such as the number of appointments left in the series.
Use the icons near the bottom of the appointment summary to view more information about the selected patient or change their appointment status:
- Click the patient icon to view the selected patient's information.
- Click the documents icon to view the selected patient's completed documents.
- Click the goals icon to view the selected patient's goals.
- Hover over the status summary icon to see the number of canceled and no-show appointments for the selected patient.
- Use the checkout icon to complete checkout for the selected patient.
- Click the scheduled icon to change the appointment status for this patient to "scheduled".
- Click the check-in icon to change the appointment status for this patient to "checked in".
- Click the patient canceled icon to change the appointment status for this patient to "patient canceled".
- Click the clinic canceled icon to change the appointment status for this patient to "clinic canceled".
- Click the no show icon to change the appointment status for this patient to "no show".
Add an Appointment
- In the lower right, click the + Appointment button.
- Fill in the appointment's information.
- Click the Save Appointment button.
Click and Drag: You can also click and drag on the calendar to schedule an appointment for the user and those time slots.
Edit an Appointment
- Click the appointment you want to edit.
- Once you've made changes, click the Save Appointment button.
Delete an Appointment
Restrictions: You can only delete an appointment if there are no associated documents and no patients have been checked-in.
- Click the appointment you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button.
- If this appointment is part of a series, choose whether to delete only the selected appointment or all remaining events in the series.
- Click the Delete Appointment button.
About the Fields
|Type||Indicates whether this appointment is for a normal visit, initial evaluation, re-assessment, discharge, or progress note. A document of the selected type will automatically be created when the patient is checked in.|
|Teletherapy||Indicates whether or not this is an online appointment that will use Fusion's teletherapy feature.|
|Preset||If a preset is selected, some information will be automatically added to the appointment.|
|Date / Time||The date and starting time of the appointment.|
|Duration||How long the appointment is scheduled for, in minutes.|
|Location||The location this appointment is scheduled for.|
|Repeating||Indicates whether this appointment is for a single visit or recurring visits.|
|Days||The days of the week this appointment should repeat on.|
|Timing||The number of visits or the date when this appointment will stop repeating.|