If you need to remove a portal user's access to a patient's information, you can either unlink them from the patient or deactivate the portal user entirely.
In This Article
Remove Access to a Patient
Any Fusion user with access to the patient's information can unlink a patient from a portal user, which will prevent them from accessing that patient on the portal.
- In the upper left of Fusion, use the Search Patients... field to search for and select a patient.
- On the left, click the Contacts tab.
- Scroll down below the list of contacts to find the Portal Users section.
- To the right of the portal user you want to remove access for, click the unlink icon .
- Click the Unlink Portal User button.
Deactivate a Portal User
Permissions: You need the Admin permission to deactivate a portal user.
Deactivating a portal user will completely remove their access to the patient portal.
- Go to Admin → Advanced Setup → Portal Users.
- To the right of the portal user, click the deactivate icon .
- Click the Deactivate Portal User button.