Permissions: You need the Admin permission to use these functions.
Go to Admin → Basic Setup → Billing Codes to manage the billing codes used to calculate and submit charges for different services.
In This Article
Add a Billing Code
- In the lower right, click the + Code button.
- Fill in the billing code's information.
- Click the Save Billing Code button.
Edit a Billing Code
- Click the billing code you want to edit.
- Once you've made changes, click the Save Billing Code button.
Deactivate a Billing Code
- To the right of the billing code, click the deactivate icon .
- Click the Deactivate Billing Code button.
Reactivate a Billing Code
- Click the Inactive tab.
- To the right of the billing code, click the reactivate icon .
- Click the Reactivate Billing Code button.
Delete a Billing Code
Restrictions: You can only delete a billing code if it has not been used in any documents or linked to a preset appointment.
- To the right of the billing code, click the delete icon .
- Click the Delete Billing Code button.
About the Fields
|Name||The billing code's name, which will appear on documents and billing accounts.|
|Code||The billing code that will appear on documents, billing accounts, and claims.|
|Type||Indicates how the units for this code are calculated:
|Fee Per Unit||The amount billed for this code per unit. For example, a fee per unit of $10 for 4 units will become a $40 charge.|
|Add to Claims||Indicates whether the code will be billed on claims or go directly to the billing account.|