If audio is working but you’re not able to see the other person, there could be a couple of different things happening. Start with the Quick Troubleshooting items listed below, but you also may need to check your computer's or browser's settings.
In This Article
- Try leaving the teletherapy session and rejoining.
- Make sure a web camera is installed on your computer and the other person's computer.
- Make sure you and the other person are using one of the supported browsers. If an older version of Safari is being used and it can't be updated to the latest version, use Chrome or Firefox instead. For the best experience, we recommend Safari if you're using an iOS device, and Chrome for all other devices.
- It's possible the browser didn't engage with the camera. Restart the computer and rejoin the session.
Check Your Computer Camera
In Windows 10 there are system-level permissions on what applications can access your camera.
- In the search bar in the lower left, type “Camera”.
- Click Camera privacy settings.
From here, make sure that camera access for this device is on and that your browser has permission to access your camera.
MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) and Newer
In Mojave, new system-level privacy controls were introduced for your computer’s camera, which means your browser may have mistakenly blocked it and you’ll need to allow your browser access.
- In the upper right, click the Apple icon.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- In the list on the left side, click Camera.
- Click the checkboxes next to the browser(s) you want to access your camera.
- Restart your browser for these changes to take effect.
Check Your Browser Settings
- Copy and paste the following into your address bar: chrome://settings/content/camera
- Under Allow, make sure meet.thera-link.com is listed.
- Copy and paste the following link into your address bar: about:preferences#privacy
- Scroll down to the section titled Permissions.
- Next to Camera, click Settings…
- Make sure meet.thera-link.com has the status Allow.
- Save changes or close the dialog.