The Life of a Claim
It's important to understand how charges move through Fusion and what action should be taken throughoutthe process as a claim is submitted, received by insurance, paid, and finalized to a patient account.
- Hover the cursor over the appointment
- Select the $ icon
- Complete any needed information and select Save Checkout
- In the Billing Tab, select Reviewing under Claims in the left-hand menu
- Select the desired claim.
- Correct any needed information.
NOTE: Items that are highlighted in RED on the claim need correction
- Select Refresh.
- Confirm items to be Refreshed and select Refresh Claim.
NOTE: Changing something in patient information will not correct previous claims.
When all corrections have been made to the claim, select Send to Payer in the lower right.
Click the Adjustications tab to see remittances associated with this claim
Click anywhere on the row to open further Adjudication information
When everything is correct with a claim, it is time to finalize the claim.
Select Finalize. At this point, if there is a secondary payer associated with the claim it will move to that payer. Otherwise any remaining fees to be included to the patient account.