Thank you for being a valued Fusion customer.
The new year brings important changes coming soon to your Fusion account.
SMS Text Reminders
- We have not previously charged for SMS text reminders, and SMS costs from carriers have increased significantly, as expected in the current economic climate. We aim to minimize financial impact, so we are not increasing subscription fees in 2023, however, we are instituting a $0.10 per SMS text appointment reminder fee beginning February 1, 2023. You will begin to see these charges reflected on your account in March.
- Although SMS reminders will typically add only $0.10 per visit, we understand that some practices may be concerned about the expense and would like to emphasize that you can choose to continue using email reminders at no charge.
- You have the option to turn off text appointment reminders for all your clients or on an individual basis as needed. Please determine a plan for your practice and make any required changes prior to February 1, 2023. As stated above, email appointment reminders will remain free.
Payment Processing Improvements
- Additionally, to continue to offer our customers the best user experience and competitive rates, we are upgrading to Therapy Brands Pay utilizing payment processing with Stripe.
Stripe offers a fully integrated suite of payment products used by millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to small startups.
- Switching to Therapy Brands Pay will also provide improved functionality including streamlined chargeback handling, ACH payment options, auto-renewal of credit cards, and improved reporting within the Stripe Dashboard. Therapy Brands Pay will also enable all customers to continue using integrated payments at our current market rate of 3.29% + $ 0.30 per transaction. Rates under the old provider will increase to 3.59% + $0.30 per transaction in May and 3.99% + $0.30 per transaction in June, so a timely transition is imperative.
- We will begin migrations between March and April 2023, so look for notifications and detailed instructions starting in February. We will support you through a simple, seamless transition experience. Done promptly, the change will be transparent to patients and offer improved payment management and reporting.
You can read the full details on these upcoming changes on our FAQ page. Please reach out to support if you have additional questions.